Thursday, January 7, 2010

According to my 1st & 2nd graders....

I absolutely love my job as a teacher and here are some quotes from them, all from yesterday! I was laughing inside all day yesterday!

#1
In history they were making ancient Greek paper dolls, and well, the dolls don't have much on underneath because you are supposed to dress them and color their skin.
One of my sweetest girl students who has older girl siblings says,
"Mrs. Belden, he's putting a brawl ( a bra) on his doll."

The boy, "What is that?" (looking highly confused. All he was trying to do was draw an extra belt and placed it too high....)

Me, "I don't know what that is..." (as I'm dying laughing inside!)

#2
"Andrew is getting his tensils out, Mrs. Butler."
Mrs. Butler, "His pencils?"
Me, "No, she means his tonsils and he said something about having his androids taken out??? I don't know what those are."
Mrs. Butler, "Now, YOU mean adenoids!"

#3
I'm sure you didn't know that even amongst my 2nd graders, politics is high on their list to discuss. These are my 2nd graders talking, mind you they are 8:

"I voted for Obama."
"Well, I voted for John McCain."
"Yeah, me too. Yeah me too."
"Well that means that we are getting money from you now! My dad said so."
"You don't get all the money. We have to split it 50/50."

(Meanwhile, I am not proceeding with my lesson just so I can hear this intelligent debate between my 8 year olds.)

Love. my. job.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I cracked up out loud reading these. =)