Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Funny stories

The family I tutor for has 3 kids; ages 7, 5, and 3. The littlest one is a girl and she always cracks me up. She had a hotdog on a fishing pole and caught a 100- lb dog with it! Unfortunately, the hook got a little stuck in the doggie's mouth, all is well now though!

The 5 year old wanted a wasp's nest that happened to be in their mailbox. Mom kept telling him no because he could get stung. He was determined to get it out and he did, all without getting stung. He is so proud now to tell that story.

This morning, Drew was leaving and needing to get something out of the car he was not going to be driving. I told him to throw the key up when he was done and I would catch it. Mind you, our apartment is on the 3rd floor. He threw it, i couldn't grab it, and it landed on our neighbor's porch on the 2nd floor. I thought I might be able to climb down but at the last minute wondered how I would get back down or up, no good. So Drew grabbed a camping chair and I threw him a broom. I cannot stop laughing and at this point Drew is getting a little frustrated with me, because I can hardly talk to give him directions, right, no, go left! I am laughing so hard!
Then low and behold, some of the maintenance guys walk by and I'm sure were scratching their heads at the scene before their eyes. Do they ask us for help, not a chance!
I grab a sturdier chair from upstairs, Drew grabs a golf club and tries to retrieve the key again.
VICTORY!!!!
Lesson learned.

Making lunches for Drew is always interesting. I'm not a snacker, so we just don't have snacks in the house. So when I make his lunch, it's left-overs, pb & j, maybe some fruit, if he's lucky chips, and if a miracle has happened, I've made some cookies. I always use Target bags, or any bag from the stores I've gone to. Well, he was in a hurry one day, and I stuffed his lunch into one of those flimsy fruit bags, the ones you put your fruit in at the grocery store. And it gets worse, it had a giant hole and I knew it but didn't say anything. Needless to say, he lost his lunch on the church stairs, his actual lunch came rolling out of the bag. He called me right after and we just laughed and laughed.

Hope this helps your day and makes you laugh, too!

No comments: