Monday, February 16, 2009

The Busy Christian's Guide to Busyness by Tim Chester

Raise your hand if you feel like you can never get all that you need to get done, done. Raise your hand if you put people, God, or important tasks last on your list when you get busy?
Please read this book!! My older sister gave me this book at Christmas and it revolutionized how I thought about my busyness. It doesn't really tell you how to be less busy but rather what are your motivations of your busyness and what is it conveying about your heart with God. Is it an expectation that you feel the need to fulfill for someone else, pride, an excuse, what is at the root of your busyness?
I was super-convicted and I didn't feel bogged down at the end, feeling more busy. I even sighed a couple times almost feeling the stress and expectation levels decreasing as I continued to read.

1 comment:

Kirra said...

Oooo. I'll have to check it out for sure!