Saturday, October 4, 2008

Uncle Brian

My uncle Brian is a believer as of earlier this spring.
Today he is getting baptized with his 11 year old daughter watching, who is not a believer.
This is such an incredible blessing because since I became a believer about 15 yrs ago, my family and I have been praying for Brian's salvation. We were never able to be super close to him because he moved around and then we moved up north.

There were a couple times at Moody that I remember God commanding me to call him.
I would always be nervous because I knew that I was supposed to share Christ w/ Brian but thinking that he would never care to know more. So, I would call but get an uneasy or uncaring response. That was about 3 yrs ago.

Then this past spring, I received a text message from him, which I thought was odd because we don't really communicate very often. I called him the next day only for him to tell me that he has a personal relationship w/ Christ!! I couldn't believe it, which really shows my lack of faith in God, and about wept!

Since then, God has removed him to Kansas City where his daughter is. He is attending the church that my family went to when we were there. The same church that we would invite him to but he would rarely come! Crazy amazing!

He is getting baptized this morning with his daughter watching. Last night, one of the families who helped out in the youth group when I was in high school, had my uncle and cousin over for dinner. They have been getting to know each other since August or so, which is AWESOME!!

I can hardly believe what the Lord is doing but it is bringing nothing but praise and adoration for Him!!! Please continue to pray for my uncle and especially his daughter as she is so young and that she would follow Jesus.