Saturday, October 11, 2008

Martha, Martha, Martha!

I was convicted today of my busy nature.
I am trying to be a good wife, clean woman,
faithful friend, godly and pursuing of God,
devoted runner, involved daughter,
daughter-in-law, and sister.....
and I'm getting overwhelmed.

I forced myself to read Luke 10:38-42; where Martha
is doing and Mary is sitting at Jesus' feet.
How much of what I do during the night after I get
off work is in worship to God?
Most of the time I am resenting what I have to do
after working and using the entirety of my brain all day!

But, how am I able to serve God, encourage and love my
husband, and maintain relationships without
feeling all used up?

That is where the strength of the Lord is able to
win over my weaknesses everyday.
Is my identity in Christ......
OR
in the things I am to other people?

If my identity is found in Christ, then not being able to
sweep the floor a couple nights in a row, cannot or should not
really upset me. If my identity is found in Christ, it doesn't mean that
I want to be sloppy but it reminds me that I am
human and not capable of "doing it all." My foundation,
being, and everything is in Christ and that foundation will never crumble
or fade away.

Balance is so important, but sometimes, everything can't be balanced.
Sometimes, all there is is the MIGHTY strength of the Lord.
and I obviously have more time than I think because I am writing this
to a people I have no idea will read. :)

I love the Lord and need Thee every hour.
Why do I act like I don't most of the hours of the day?

No comments: