Sunday, March 28, 2010

FREE from the Love of Money

That phrase strikes me as odd and amazing all at the same time. I love that it uses, "free" to describe our attitude regarding money. This attitude towards money, possessions, and our lives shouldn't have to cost our spiritual souls anything. If we are NOT free from the love of money, our souls feel in constant bondage to this earth, coveting what others have, and stock-piling for ourselves and not giving generously.

If we are FREE from the love of money, it will not be our focus, I will begin to view each penny as a gift from God not a rite I have, and I will be able to give without batting an eye.

BUT, what is the KEY to being free from the love of money......

CONTENTMENT

If I am content I will thank God profusely for what He has already given me, I will not be lusting for others' material possessions, I will view stuff as 'stuff' be reminded that it will all burn up someday, and I will live more in the present rather than in the future, making the most of each day unto the Lord.

God is showing me just how peaceful and restful abiding in Him really is. Somehow, my crazy mind thinks that I must still work for His approval and for others. I have been bought with Christ's blood, He is the perfect sacrifice, because I am in Christ I no longer have to work for my redemption, it HAS BEEN BOUGHT for me! And that is a debt I would never have been able to pay off even if I had tried my entire life to.

"The Lord is my helper, I will not fear; what can man do to me?"

No comments: