Tuesday, September 1, 2009

2 years

I can't believe that I have known Drew for 4 whole years and married to him for 2 of those years! If you don't know our 'story' here goes:
I was set on not marrying any Moody man for fear that I would give into the 'usual- Moodiness.' I am not sure at the time why I was so set against it, but I think deep down I wouldn't have minded. :) And on top of it, I was not going to marry anyone from the 'bro-sis' ( a system to help in the social aspect of Moody.) So Fall of 2005 rolled around, my junior year of school and I was loving life at this moment. So many solid friends, I loved being in Chicago, and there was always so much to do. My sister had a surprise birthday party for me in September, inviting old friends and my new 'brother floor.' Well, it just so happened that Drew was there that night and was interested a little in me.

then came time for the Chicago Marathon in October 2005. I was running in it, my family came the night before so they could cheer me on the next day. And Drew happened to meet my family that night. Drew and I kind of knew each other but were still just talking, not going on dates or anything. As soon as my sister started walking away she says, "I think he likes you!" I tried not to over-analyze that (yeah right!, I'm a girl!)

Drew started making more of an effort to talk one-on-one with me. We would eat lunch together and linger for awhile, sometimes until we were kicked out of the cafeteria. One Friday night, Drew and I had tried to set-up an outing with quite a few of our friends, long-story-short, everyone backed out except us, because we didn't want to miss this opportunity to be together! We ended up at Mcdonald's (surprise, surprise for those who know Drew) and talked for hours. Then we talked to a homeless man about mysticism for the remainder of the night, we both learned more about each other in that moment.

Another week rolls by, and Drew's birthday is coming up. It just so happens that I am the "birthday-card-maker" for our floor and I wanted to make Drew's card especially good. :) And I was also supposed to let all the girls on the floor sign the card, but kind of "forgot" to let them, oops. So this card was all from me!

Another week rolls by and we finally got a group to go to Dairy Queen. Afterwards I was making a Target-run and asked if anybody wanted to join, hoping only Drew would say he would come. (I am sneaky, maybe borderline bad....) Drew was the only one wanting to come with, he made my grocery list out, shopped, and then he told me that he really liked me and wanted to pursue more of an intentional relationship with me. Of course I was ecstatic!! The rest is history.

We started officially dating December 11, 2005- engaged on February 13th, 2007 and married September 1st, 2007.

Drew is the love of my life, my bestest buddy, and my spiritual encourager. I can see Jesus in him. He is so joyful, loving, warm, lover of people, music-guru, best hugger/snuggler, wins the award for the most-carefully-made-coffee, points his index finger in the air when he's really excited, has to have all his books in a tidy pile on his desk, omelette king, faithful to drive our bomb-car, athletic (I'm not sure of a sport he can't play), and so much more.

And I married a Moody guy from my bro floor, go figure.
I can't wait to see how the Lord continues to transform us to look more like Him in this marriage.

No comments: