Sunday, November 23, 2008

A White..... Thanksgiving????



So, I'm sitting here all cozy with a ramekin full of baked apples, brown sugar, and oats. It is so wonderful! I love this time of the year but I can only handle the snow before Christmas, not after, which is when most of it falls unfortunately.

I grew up in Missouri and the first snowfall could be as early as Christmas or the week before, but I NEVER remember snow as early as the week before Thanksgiving, and LOTS of it. Now I live in Ohio, up by Lake Erie, and we have the fortune of getting all the lake-effect snow.

Drew and I visited my family near Toledo, OH for 3 days, the longest we have ever stayed with them since we've been married. We slept in every day, had a Thanksgiving meal, celebrated my dad's 50th Bday, watched my baby brother play basketball and played intense rounds of Scrabble with my mom.
It was really relaxing and my mom had the place all decked out for Christmas, the tree, the 50 snowmen, candles, and kitchen towels. It was shining in its full glory.

Today Drew and I put our tree up!

Christmas is coming!!!! but first Thanksgiving!!!!!!




1 comment:

Kirra said...

That's crazy that you guys have snow! And that much! Love the snow boots! Taylor would be sad that you guys are starting to decorate before Thanksgiving so I won't let him see this post! :) Miss you!