Sunday, November 23, 2008

***Goals***

Lately, a godly woman has really taught me so much about making goals and setting them so I can achieve them. In past years, I have made goals such as:
- I want to climb Mt. Kilomijaro
- I want to travel to New York for a week
- I want to do 100 sit-ups every day rain or shine
- I want to run 5 miles every day

Okay, so some of these goals just aren't attainable for me in the next year, seriously, the climbing thing, what was I thinking? I want to make goals that help me live with God and people with intentionality and help me do things that are biblical that I would never do if I didn't have a goal in mind.

Goals for me are not to produce guilt trips when I can't achieve them, rather, they are to spur me to do more than I usually would. Here are a few for this year:
- run 4 X a week for 20 mins or more, intensely.
- this summer, paint my nightstands and dresser
- make a bday calendar so I can remember!
- take 20 mins to clean up each day.
- Memorize Scripture ( 1 vs each week)
- read 2-3 theological/Christian books this year.
- eat less Doritos by only having them 2 x a week

If you need more specifics & would love how to make attainable goals, I would love to help! I think you can still live spontaneously even when having these goals. The best part of this is it is challenging and pushes me to do things I would not normally do on my own.

No comments: