Friday, June 24, 2011

Summerness

I think it is true..... the older you get the faster time goes. And I hate that. Seriously, I am trying to think of ways to get time to slow down. Maybe if I pitch all my responsibilities, like my job, and sit in a canoe all day on a lake, time would slow down. But that won't be happening soon or maybe ever.

It is already June 24th!!! the 24th!!! And I look at June and ask myself, "What have you done?" I am such a scheduler of my time but have tried to throw the schedule out the door..... and I get nothing accomplished and actually waste a TON of time. So, for me, I need a schedule, it just works for me.

I would like to:
- read The Pleasures of God
- organize all my curriculum for school and start in on it.
- go to a park and be able to read there for a day instead of at my home where I always find something better to do
- get back into writing letters (i used to do this all the time!)
- look for homes to maybe buy at the end of this summer
- play tennis more
- go to a Half-Price Books and look around
- just sit and soak in God's Word

I want to look back at this summer and be able to say I haven't just wasted time, relationships, money, or my mind. This verse comes to my mind- Acts 20:24 But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

I want everything I do this summer to bring more glory and honor to God. Laziness is an awful disease and it hinders me from doing just that. Not being able to enjoy what God has given me is something I struggle with, too. So I want to can laziness and embrace contentment this summer so the Lord would be known better.

No comments: