Saturday, December 4, 2010

God With Us

Since it is getting closer to Christmas, I wanted to read the Christmas passages. These passages are so rich in meaning and the fulfillment of the Christ coming as a man, but still very God. As I read, I really want to think upon one of these verses a day because who Christ is and what He did for me is incredible. The birth of Christ shows me 5 things:
1. God really does care about me and about me having a relationship with Him.
2. God hates sin so much that He sent His only Son.
3. God is true to His promises because He has prophesied about the coming of Jesus since Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden.
4. Immanuel means "God with us." Jesus coming to Bethlehem was a very physical manifestation and then he sent His Holy Spirit to be with his believers forever. God is with us even today.
5. I want to be like Anna, who waited eagerly for the coming of the Christ. And in the meantime, I want to be like John the Baptist, who pointed people to Christ for salvation and the forgiveness of their sins.

Here are the passages in case you are interested in reading them throughout this month:
Matthew 1:18-25
Matthew 2
Luke 1
Luke 2

Merry Christmas! Jesus is truly why we celebrate Christmas.

1 comment:

RC Reese said...

I believe God is teaching us every day and blessing us every day! I hope you continue to share with us...lots of photos always are fun to look at too! Tons of Blessings.
;oD